[blindkid] Leaving classes early

Jessica Trask jess28 at samobile.net
Sat Jan 24 15:08:56 UTC 2009

Sally,
I'm not totally blind. But, I never remember being allowed to be
released from classes five minutes earlier then the my other
classmates. The only time I did get out of class early was I was living
in Salt Lake and there were buses for the special education students
that had to be a the high school early so they could do their runs and
get to the next school where they needed to be on time. This is not
teaching your son to be responsible for his own actions by allowing him
to get out of class before the other students. Do you happen to know
how much time the students have between classes to go to their lockers
and chat with each other. I would push having him treated like a normal
student in the the respect that he has to use the same frame time that
the other students have to  use to get to their classes be they on time
or not. I hope this helps.

--
Jessica Trask