[blindkid] Jordan Is In!!

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 15:50:27 UTC 2009

Thanks Kathy,
Jordan actually loved high school. He finally got fluent in Braille, got
Braille 98% on time, got involved with all kinds of stuff from foreign
language, bands, student council, school newspaper and science clubs, had
best classroom teacher support and admin support ever, best (and only good
ever) TVI his JR and SR year (of course when he didn't much need one
anymore)has had a slew of technology and tons of successes and
opportunities. He will likely live on campus-we are in suburb 35 minutes
away and outlying transportation is not great and also better social
on-campus but mostly he is ready to get the heck out and be on his own,
smile.

He is interested now in Constitutional Law and Human Rights...here come de
judge.

Carrie Gilmer, President
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind
NFB National Center: 410-659-9314
Home Phone: 763-784-8590
carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
www.nfb.org/nopbc