[blindkid] ADD

Debby B bwbddl at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 18:52:04 UTC 2009

Timing has never worked with Winona. She will sit and stress about how little time she has left. That's one of the reasons we've always requested testing to be done in the classroom. Then during her Braille block she can finish. When they were pulling her to test, she constantly fretted about how much time was left, what was she missing in class, did she need to leave, etc.

When we do timed readings with her, we just time them, THEN tell her we did so. Reading changes drastically when she knows we're timing her. Same with math. She might get ten problems done in an hour. If you tell her "you have 30 minutes to finish the next 5", she'll freeze up, maybe finish two of them.

 Debby
bwbddl at yahoo.com
www.nfbflorida.org/parents

Please support Braille literacy and programs for our youth by sponsoring me in
the Motor City March for Independence! Better yet, join the team of the FL Parents of Blind Children!
http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/fpobc
http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/debbyb