[blindkid] Jordan Is In!!

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:01:50 UTC 2009

Hey Kassondra, thanks! He is currently most interested in Constitutional
Law. He just finished his first course focused on Politics and Law and the
teacher told him the last day that in her 35 years he was the most
passionate student about the subject she had ever had. He got a very easy
"A" in it. He has been bouncing around--he was planning on becoming a
lawyer-scientist-chemist-who is a Spanish translator who teaches band and
plays the trombone on the side-smile. I told him to decide by looking in his
heart for the passion and what set him on fire the most.

Now it looks like he has narrowed it to here come de judge (who can also
translate Spanish, understand scientific data and environmental law, stand
up for human rights, plays trombone for stress relief, and reinstates the
white British wigs to the court)!

We shall see, smile.

It is so hard to believe this is the last half of his last year...time just
flies. It seems like just so short ago that we sat on the picnic table
outside BLIND, Inc. in the summer and you and Shawn were not even married
yet and Jordan was just 8 years old!

Carrie Gilmer, President
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind
NFB National Center: 410-659-9314
Home Phone: 763-784-8590
carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
www.nfb.org/nopbc