[blindkid] ADD

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:07:57 UTC 2009

I'm convinced that I have ADD myself. Quite frankly, distraction is my
middle name. When I was a girl, grown-ups were constantly telling me to stop
dilly-dallying around. I can remember day dreaming a lot.  I'm terrible
about procrastinating and waste more time than I care to admit. My time
problem is opposite in that when I'm under pressure and must get something
done, I go to great lengths at the last minute to make sure it happens. It
sounds like  ynona has definite anxiety when you begin to factor time into
the equation Perhaps if you could work on relaxing by doing exercises to
help her relax, she could feel less anxious about time. I think that as she
gets older, she will begin to realize just what she has to do in her life to
manage this brain glitch. When my kids were little, I simply had to work
from a list every day or I would get next to nothing done. I even used every
day lists in college. If she could learn to make one before the next day,
she might feel like she had a start on the day. Of course, she might also
feel more overwhelmed.    Wow, I'm just rambling. Really, though, I think
the key is for her to take some responsibility (easier said than done) but
it really is the key.

Then there is the old question about diet. Does that seem to make a
difference? also, there are some herbs, (St. John's Wart) and others which
could be helpful as well. If part of the problem is that she feels like she
doesn't have much energy, then I think increasing Vitamin B can also be
helpful.   Combining some behavior mod techniques with relaxation might work
as well. Good luck!
Bonnie