[blindkid] Brian learning Braille

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:21:33 UTC 2009

What a great way to start my day, it made my heart sing. Thanks for filming
AND sharing. You seemed to "apologize" or explain that he was doing it
visually, but he was really thinking, he was making a mental map-this is
good, he needs to know the dot numbers and have it in his head too. I think
Multi-sensory here is a good thing too, the trouble is having them read
visually to the exclusion (or as a habit or regularly and not enough
tactile) of tactile-think you know what I mean. You are a natural
teacher-the leading questions! You understand "structured discovery", look
it up on the NFB web site. Good teachers always teach by leading questions
and making people think-Jesus taught this way-smile.

He is so CUTE!

Have a great day, talk with you soon.

Carrie