[blindkid] learning media assessment for preschoolers

Megan Schickling schicklingfamily at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 17:44:48 UTC 2009

Hello all,
My daughter is currently in the transition into preschool services.  I've
requested that a Learning Media Assessment be performed, but I keep hearing
from the local vision teachers that its not typically done at this age,
she's not reading or writing, etc.  I know from my research that there are
appropriate assessment techniques for young children which are age
appropriate, assessing what sensory modes she uses to receive input, etc.

Does anyone know of a resource which would guide these teachers in what
makes an appropriate LMA for young preschooler?  Are there standardized
assessment guides, or the like?

Thanks so much,
Megan Schickling