[blindkid] can I get the other side?

Leah leah at somazen.com
Mon Mar 2 20:38:47 UTC 2009

Carrie,

Well, I am really speechless. Thank you for taking the time to type
out your personal example. Though I wish it were peer-reviewed
research instead for my own convenience in dealing with the school
district, in the end I prefer personal stories because of the detail
and the truth of the success. The individual examples in the NFB
literature and real-life are THE thing that makes blindness make any
sense to me. Especially the low vision stories.

I knew there was a reason I was hesitant to turn off this list; maybe
I will just turn off all the others. You make it sound so easy. I'm
going to have to get a drink of water and read it several more times....

Leah