[blindkid] Putting pressure on the school district

holly miller hollym12 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:12:27 UTC 2009

Today is the big day, IEP meeting at 1pm!  I'll be sure to report back.
We are bringing a professional advocate to the meeting with us.  I finally
got a copy of the draft IEP, they tried to slip braille "exposure" (not even
instruction) 1x45 min under regular education and listed no goals or
objectives for it.  They didn't list any braille equipment/supplies to be
provided nor did they include any provisions for actually *using* braille
for cirriculum work.

I will be very surprised if we get anything significant resolved today.  I
already have an appointment to meet with the superintendent tomorrow
morning.  Even if I do get everything I want at today's meeting, I think he
needs to be aware of what it took to get there.

Wish me luck!

Holly