[blindkid] addition to Braille/school question

Leah leah at somazen.com
Thu Mar 26 16:57:01 UTC 2009

I haven't seen any posts show up in a couple of days, but if the list
is working, I have something to add to the school post. Yesterday at a
doctor's appt one of the doctors said they would support homebound
schooling for my son because of his medical condition. They suggested
flexible homebound schooling, which I don't think is put into place
very frequently in TX: a limited number of classroom hours plus some
home teaching. Given his symptoms, I would agree that this would be
all he could tolerate and remain stable, but I was surprised to hear a
doctor recommend it. If anyone has experience with this, please let me
know. I'm going to have to find a way to combine appropriate services
with these restrictions.

Leah
mom to John, 4