[blindkid] Training Wheels or Not?

EJ Buhrke ej_buhrke at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 29 14:27:59 UTC 2009

I don't know if there is a specific answer for keeping the training wheels
on or taking them off. My son is totally blind and 9 and still has them on.
When he was young and just learning to sit up and even to walk he was seen
as having a good sense of balance. In putting 2 wheels under him with the
bike this is not the case.  He too doesn't move very fast, but he continues
to keep trying.  He has gotten too big for me to balance him very long
walking along side him without the training wheels, so while we had them off
for a while we now have them back on.  I hope to be able to take them off
one day, but for now this is his decision to help keep him safe and yet
allows him to continue to ride.  Good luck making your own choice for your
child.

EJ