[blindkid] Conformer question?

dhammelia at aol.com dhammelia at aol.com
Thu May 14 02:12:30 UTC 2009

 I'm sure my wife will weigh in on this as she has prosthetic eyes which are the end result after having conformers.

Our two adopted children also have conformers they have the same condition as my wife microopthalmia (small eyes).

They don't take the conformers out except once in a great while to clean them or if they fall out.

They do act to protect the eye as well as increase the eye socket to normal size.

Initially they have to be increased in size several times as the eye socket grows.

Eventually they become stable and then can be replaced by a prosthetic eye which appears just like a normal eye.

I would recommend them.

David Hammel