[blindkid] Conformer question?

vickie.pellicciotti at aglife.com vickie.pellicciotti at aglife.com
Thu May 14 19:37:53 UTC 2009

This is probably a dumb question...My daughter is also totally blind.  She
rubs her eyes a lot and is getting shadows under her eyes, but I was never
aware that the development of the bone structure would be an issue.  She is
now 13.   Her eyes are there...she has Leber's congenital amarousis (re;
the retina)....would you still use these conformers?
Should children be evaluated by an ocularist or a medical eye doctor?

Vickie

             Kathy B
             <burgawicki at yahoo
             Sent by:                  "NFBnet Blind Kid Mailing List,
             blindkid-bounces@         \(for parents of blind children\)"
             nfbnet.org                <blindkid at nfbnet.org>
                                                                        cc

             05/14/2009 12:37                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [blindkid] Conformer question?

             Please respond to
             "NFBnet Blind Kid
               Mailing List,
             \(for parents of
             blind children\)"
             <blindkid at nfbnet.
                   org>

Hi.
My daughter is totally blind as well. She has had conformers for almost 2
yrs now if not longer.  I strongly recommend them. W/o them her eyes are
sunken in and very small.  She bone structure would be very underdeveloped
if she didn't have them.  The eyes look real and she has never shown any
signs of being in pain or having discomfort from them.  I hope this helps.