[blindkid] Graphing parabolas

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed Nov 11 20:36:27 UTC 2009

This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but I recall a school
project where we used a pair of X / Y  axes on heavy stock and we
sewed in overlapping line segments (with yarn) at appropriate
coordinates to see how it would actually generate a curve. Especially
with the thick yarn, I was amazed at how quickly a few stitches began
to generate what seemed to be a smooth curve. Depending on exactly
what you're trying to produce, I wonder if there is something similar
that might be adapted.

Richard