[blindkid] Fwd: 2010 Washington Seminar

David B Andrews David.B.Andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Oct 1 21:58:47 UTC 2009

 >>> "Pare, John" <JPare at nfb.org> 10/1/2009 3:37 PM >>>

Fellow Federationists:

The dates for Washington Seminar are:

Monday, February 1 through Thursday, February 4, 2010

Great Gathering-In--Monday, February 1, 2010, 5 PM

Congressional Appointments--February 2 through February 4, 2010

             The following message comes from Diane McGeorge who
organizes much of the logistics of Washington Seminar.

* * *

             Please make your hotel reservations as soon as
possible.  We need to have reservations no later than December 30,
2009.  Please do not contact the hotel to make your reservations.  I
submit all the reservations for the Washington Seminar.  You may call
(303) 778-1130, extension 219, to make your reservation, or you may
e-mail your reservations to Lisa Bonder son at
<mailto:lbonderson at cocenter.org>lbonderson at cocenter.org.  We will
confirm receipt of your reservation either by return e-mail or by
telephone, so be sure to give us your telephone number and your
e-mail address.

             The following is the information that I need to have to
assure you of a room at the Holiday Inn Capitol.

1.      Your date of arrival and departure.

2.      First and last names of any roommates that might be sharing
with you.  If you make the reservation by phone, please spell first
and last names of each person sharing the room.  Please include
arrival and departure date for each person.

3.      Please specify if you wish to have:

             A smoking or non-smoking room

             An accessible room

             Two beds, one queen bed, or one king bed

             A rollaway bed (there will be a $10 charge per night)

4.      If Divisions (i.e., Students, Parents, Merchants, Lawyers,
etc.) wish to have space for a meeting, I must have your requirements
for meeting space no later than December 1, 2009.  We want to be able
to accommodate everyone, and in order to do so we must have plenty of
advance notice to work with the hotel.

             Per the hotel contract, individual cancellation must be
made at least seventy-two hours prior to the date of arrival to avoid
one-night's-room-plus-tax cancellation charge.  You must get in touch
with Lisa Bonder son or me to make changes to your reservation as
soon as possible to avoid such a charge.

             The rates are $154 for single, double, triple, or quad
rooms, and the tax is 14.5 percent per night.  When you check in you
must be prepared to cover at least the first night of your stay with
either a credit card or check, and then arrange to pay the balance by
presenting a credit card or a check for the remainder of the cost.

             Please remember, the deadline is December 30,
2009.  There will be a number of special meetings during the seminar
and you will want to watch the NFB Web site for special
announcements.  The Great Gathering-In meeting will be held on
Monday, February 1, 2009.  You certainly don't want to miss that.

             I hope this answers all of your questions.  I look
forward to seeing all of you in D.C. in February.

Diane McGeorge