[blindkid] IEP Document Accessibility

Wendy Molle WMOLLE at schoharie.k12.ny.us
Mon Oct 19 19:49:06 UTC 2009

Hi!  I am a school librarian.  Our IEP's are on a program called IEP Direct.  Supposedly it increases privacy because paper copies cannot be left around.  As far as I know, paper copies can't be generated by the program.  It is not in a .doc, .txt, or PDF format.  We have to log onto the website to read the IEP.  It is often very complicated with boxes, charts, x's to choose options, etc.  I cannot imagine it is very accessible with a screen reader.
Wendy