[blindkid] any suggestions welcome

Tina Egle tegle at oakton.edu
Tue Oct 20 00:08:06 UTC 2009

Hi Stacy,

Can you child talk?  My son "Justin" is totally blind since birth and he
can talk until he took MMR Vaccinations. He was diagnosed with Autism
since that horrid day, he started to rock non stop, repetitious
movement, constantly removing all socks, shoes, shirts, he wanted to be
as naked as possible and it took us a long time to break his habits,
finally "Thank God!"  he finally realize he needs to wear clothes so
that is ok, toilet training was a big ordeal too and he came out of
diapers 3 years ago.  Now the only huge issues we are struggling is his
nonverbal issues. He sat on the therapy ball and we did ABA technique
with it so it applied the pressure points where his body and sensory
needs to be pressured.

I know how you feel.  It is hard enough with one disability to cope
with, my son got epilepsy too thanks to the MMR vaccination with the
"Thermosil"  Mercury derivatives which almost killed him

Good Luck!
Tina