[blindkid] any suggestions welcome

Stacy Lemmon slemmonrn at spotlight-music.com
Tue Oct 20 17:30:54 UTC 2009

Hi Tina!

My son has Asperger's. We are fortunate, he is very verbal.  He had the Varivax vaccine at age 16 months, 2 days later had a 'febrile' seizure (with a temp of 101) and bang! We're on the spectrum.  What state do you live in? Have they used assistive communication at all with him? PECS might be out, but what about a DynaVox? Do you have services at home? Wraparound?  We take Nate to a biomedical doctor and have chosen some supplements and a casein free diet...I have noticed huge differences since we started 6 months ago. His tantrums are less, he's less irritable and his self stims are all but gone.

Feel free to contact me off list. slemmonrn at spotlight-music.com

Stacy