[blindkid] Braille Speak and Scholar

Merry-Noel Chamberlain owinm at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 23:40:25 UTC 2009

Amber,
Braille Scolars are available through Quota Funds at no charge for the school.  They are fine but they don't offer a tactual Braille display like the BrailleNotes do.  I would go ahead and let them get the scolar but start telling them that she needs the BrailleNote because your daughter needs the braille display for editing.  Scolars only have auditory feedback.  When I was a TVI - I would start the BrailleNotes with students in the THIRD grade.
Merry-Noel