[blindkid] Help needed~Recess

Merry-Noel Chamberlain owinm at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 23:21:18 UTC 2009

I agree.  Sounds to me like she needs some Orientation and Mobility with training in the use of the long white cane.  I would NOT recommend painting an area that she must stay in and for others to join her.  This would actually hinder her from exploring and just being a child.  The paint may also keep kids out - which is what I'm sure you don't want to happen.  Has anyone gone around the area with her to help her get a picture of the design?

Merry-Noel Chamberlain, NOMCT
Orientation and Mobility Instructor