[blindkid] ITBS and COGAT testing in Braille

Merry-Noel Chamberlain owinm at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 23:29:14 UTC 2009

Stephanie,
Your TVI needs to call to order the ITBS test in Braille, not the school.  In all the years I've given the test to students when I was a TVI in Iowa, it has always been in Braille.  It actually comes out ot the University of Iowa (I'm pretty sure) - I don't have the number with me but if you want to email me directly, owinm at yahoo.com I will look it up and send it to you.  We give the ITBS here in Virginia and we always get it in Braille.  At the IEP meetings I attended today - nothing was said about NOT getting them in Braille.

Another note - The ITBS is great for blind children.  In Iowa, we (the TVIs) would send them in to be graded and compaired to other blind children.  Each state has their own system so your TVI should check if your state can do that.  I guess Virginia isn't as lucky as Iowa in that regard.

Merry-Noel Chamberlain