[blindkid] location of TVI service delivery

Stacy Lemmon slemmonrn at spotlight-music.com
Mon Sep 21 17:28:06 UTC 2009

Leah,

In our state (PA), up until the age of beginners (kindergarten) services can be provided in private schools or even at home. My daughter attended a private school for preschool (and now as well for kindergarten), we had her TVI services at home and O&M at the school.  Check your state regs, call the dept of education.  They do not always tell you this, but in our state it is to be provided in the LRE or least restrictive environment~their school, daycare or home. Get an advocate...often they are free. We used one from the ARC. She was not well versed in vision issues, but her presence was clearly not desired by the IU.

Stacy