[blindkid] Community Track

Joy Orton ortonsmom at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 19:29:48 UTC 2010

Dear Carly,
I'm glad you are encouraging your son to participate in track.

In my experience, many times people will say, "What will others think?" when
the issue is really their own. It's easier to blame "other parents" in
general rather than face up to our own feelings.

Others on the list have already given good advice--stick to your guns, keep
educating, be respectful, don't be afraid to show  your own qualifications.
What I would emphasize is be persistent. Don't get discouraged and don't
give up.

Joy Orton