[blindkid] Working on our technique!

holly miller hollym12 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 11:43:28 UTC 2010

We've tried a few different types of canes/tips including the rolling one.
He didn't care for that because of how heavy it is.  Right now he's using an
NFB telescoping cane with a metal disc tip.  Very light and has an added
coolness factor of opening up like his toy light sabers do (smile) Downside
is sometimes it telescopes in unexpectedly but he likes it so much he's
willing to deal with the occasional need to lock the sections back in place.

The key point is though, different things will work for different people.
It's ok to experiment and find out what works best for the situation at
hand!

Holly
aka Hank's mom