[blindkid] Cane stories

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 00:46:04 UTC 2010

Talking about canes and the like I remembered a cane story I'd like to
share; surely some of you parents may have more? to kind of not get too
serious here's mine: Back when I was in the university I got the chance to
buy an NFB telescoping cane since a friend went to the US and brought it to
me. Anyway I really enjoyed the cane's light and especially when tapping the
sound was awesome! I could really get a sense of echos and the like. Anyhow
I was going to the university's library and can you believe someone tripped
over my new telescoping cane and the cane broke? I ended up with two parts:
one in my hand and the other scattered somewhere on the ground and which I
recovered thanks to a sighted person who saw what happened. I had no choice
but to continue my way with the end I had in my hand which though got to my
knees hight, I was bent over as I found my way to the library from where my
cane broke! I didn't want to keep from sharing this story which stil makes
me think how I managed with my broken cane find my way! Anymore stories?
Gerardo