[blindkid] Wanting find info Self-discovery O&M method

Merry-Noel Chamberlain owinm at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 21:42:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

It is actually called the "Structured Discovery" method and a book that really focuses on this method is "Cognitive Learning Theory and Cane Travel Instruction: A New paradigm"
by Richard Mettler.  It is quite a difficult read.  This is one of books used at Louisiana Tech in their Orientation and Mobility Master's level classes.  Most anyone can learn it by it really needs to be taught by a person with National Orientation and Mobility Certification.

Merry-Noel Chamberlain, NOMCT