[blindkid] Discrimination in Oakland

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Feb 9 03:45:57 UTC 2010

The scary thing, to me at least, is not the bus company's part, it is the
police's.  An airport shuttle once made my mom and I, and her guide dog Katy
wait over an hour for another shuttle, because they were going on about the
dog having to be in a crate and muzzled, if we were going to ride with other
people.  They made a huge deal about having to get a special shuttle just
for us.  Mom called the NYPD, and no disrespect after September 11th, but on
this occation, they sucked, in a big way.  They did a whole fat lot of
nothing, telling us that if we were eventually being provided with
transpirtation, that we had to just deal and they gave us the impression we
were wasting their time.  Bus drivers, clerks, etc, are pretty low on the
food chane, and they will hastle us from time to time, but when the law
up-holders, the protectors of the peace, of our rights, the police, can't be
counted on, that scares the crap out of me.