[blindkid] Transition

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:48:38 UTC 2010

Hello Listers,
In attending NOPBC meetings about transition in the past, presenters have said that VR should be involved in transition meetings when children turn 14 which is generally when they begin high school. Aubrie turns 14 in June and we are having her IEP this March to begin the process of getting her setup for high school next year. would it be important for VR to be there for this meeting before she turns 14 or would having them come at the end of her Freshman year when she is about to turn 15 be adequate. they actually said that they do not become until the child is 16; in which case, I am going to have to make a good case for them to come next year, let alone getting them to come as early as this year. For any of you who have experience working with stubberon folks like this, could you please shed some light on the best and most effective approach to get support from VR. thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bonnie
Bonnie Lucas
770-992-0484
Cell: 678-480-0864