[blindkid] Children's books addressing blindness, or featuring blind characters

Susan Harper sueharper at firstchurchgriswold.org
Mon Feb 15 15:56:20 UTC 2010

Since you already have a good idea of what you want, write your own, using
examples that you are aware of on how one of our kids handled a situation.
I can think of the most recent that comes to mind is the you lady who was
recently in a musical in her high school and how brave she was and how
persistent her mom was.  Use your models and adapt to the level/group you
are interested in reaching, then add manipulative, like book in a box
style.  You will have a tool that you can use for many years!
Blessings,
Sue H.