[blindkid] Technology and Little Kid

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 18 23:06:06 UTC 2010

That is an excellent mixture of traditional and advanced toys.  Good for
you.  I love the counting beans idea, as well as the creativity in your
choices.  I am going to look for a pair of those noise safe headphones,
thanks for letting me know about them.  I am very fortunate.  My mother
brailled over a hundred print books for me.  I love them because they have
the print for low vission kids and their sighted friends, the pretty
pictures and the braille literacy component.  The twin vission books I had
as a child, they may have changed since then, were inappropriate for solo
reading by under fives because they could be easily torn apart and they were
expensive.  They may have fixed this problem though, as this was over twenty
years ago.  She brailled on the clear dimo tape and clear sheets that are
like dimo tape and put it right into print books, and now, my son has all of
those books to explore.  I am going to go hug my mom, just because.  It must
have taken her hours and hours to do all of that, and as a young mother,
still in school, I would not have nearly so many brailled picture books, if
it wasn't for her efforts.