[blindkid] Technology and Little Kid

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 18 23:21:15 UTC 2010

Oh, you mentioned the slow issue.  I have a fun thought.  A braille off,
where kids on braillers compete with kids on slates.  It would be an
interesting test.  Forgive me if that is part of the braille challenge.  I
think that is just for braille reading, but please do correct me if I am
wrong.  It is a toss up.  The slate is painfully slow compared to typing on
my laptop, but I also hate waiting for word to open or to get a new document
or folder created.  That is why I like the braille note, it is
technologically infirior to a lap top, but light years ahead of a slate, and
it is significantly faster than a slate or a lap top, because it's less
complicated aps make it possible to bring up a file with three taps of the
space bar, and no wait time for a program to open.