[blindkid] Winning braille?

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed Feb 24 00:50:44 UTC 2010

Thankfully, we've never had any issues in getting braille as our child
has no vision at all (that makes the whole large print thing a little
harder for them to suggest!) We have, however, taken along a blind
advocate (a friend and associate from the NFB of Georgia in this case).

I must say that we found it interesting how we too noticed a
significant change in the attention level and responses of much of the
staff, and I say this noting that we have virtually always had
extremely positive and cooperative IEP's.

I think that somehow, it just makes it harder forget that there is a
long-term objective that we are all trying to reach-- it isn't just
about making things fit into the budget or doing what is more
convenient for the staff, school system, etc. It should not make a
difference, but in our experience, it certainly did.

Richard