[blindkid] Braille Programs

Olivero, Treva TEOlivero at nfb.org
Tue Jan 5 21:27:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,
As a follow up to the e-mails earlier, I wanted to make sure you know
about our Braille programs at the NFB Jernigan Institute.

We have a Braille Readers Are Leaders contest for blind children in
grades K-12 and blind adults. The contest runs from Nov 1- Jan. 4.
www.nfb.org/bral

We also have our Braille Reading Pals early literacy program, which is
for children ages birth through 7. We usually have a fall and spring
session. More information will be coming in the next few months.
www.nfb.org/readingpals

There is the American Action Fund program which offers free books for
blind children. www.actionfund.org

NFB ShareBraille is a community online library that facilitates the
exchange of Braille books. People who have Braille books to give away
are connected with Braille readers who want books.
www.nfbsharebraille.org

Warmest Regards,

Treva

Treva E. Olivero

Coordinator, Mentoring and Outreach Projects

Jernigan Institute

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

200 East Wells Street

at Jernigan Place