[blindkid] Guide dogs for twelve year olds?

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 22 14:17:32 UTC 2010

That is how I judge guide dog schools actually.  The ones that I don't
recommend, that I warn people against, are the ones that I see compermising
their safety and O and M requirements.  I only will get dogs from schools
with exacting standards, and although all schools slip up on occation, the
ones I hold in high regard are pretty stringent in their requirements and
uncompermizing in those that effect the safety of the dog and the handler.
Recently I have had to change my opinion of a school I really thought highly
of, because of some of the problems they were letting slide both with their
dogs and with some of their applicants.  Having an exclusive school is a
good thing, not a snobby school, but an exacting one that puts safety first,
not numbers or PR.