[blindkid] interesting experience

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Fri Jan 22 20:23:07 UTC 2010

LOL. Love that idea.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.
New York, New York  10004
www.myblindspot.org
PH: 917-553-0347
Fax: 212-858-5759
doing it."

Visit us on Facebook LinkedIn

-----Original Message-----
From: blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Carol Castellano
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 2:58 PM
To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
Subject: [blindkid] interesting experience

Hi All,

I had an interesting experience yesterday.  Went as an advocate for a
family to a school meeting.  The mom is in the military and came to
the meeting right after work at the Army base, dressed in her
camouflage uniform.  Very interesting--everyone treated her with
utmost respect.  She was cool, calm, and collected.  Said what she
wanted to say in a matter-of-fact, quiet, firm way.  Nobody dared
disagree with a word she said!

After the meeting, she and I were talking about the reaction and she
felt that, yes, the uniform may intimidate them a little bit.  We
decided that the new strategy for parents to ensure that their kids
get what they need from the school is to enlist!

Carol

Carol Castellano, President
973-377-0976
carol_castellano at verizon.net