[blindkid] alternative parenting guide

Jim Beyer jim at riversedgehomes.com
Tue Jul 20 01:50:33 UTC 2010

Hi Sherry,

I don't know if there is such a book. If there was, we probably would have
all read it when our kids were toddlers as well.
In my opinion, blind kids don't need alternative parenting techniques; they
need what all kids need...good parenting.
Our basic rule was that we would treat our daughter and hold her to the same
expectations that we had for her sighted brothers. Only if she proved beyond
any doubt that she was incapable of success in some area would we offer
assistance/accommodation.

My humble opinion
Jim