[blindkid] alternative parenting guide

Sherry DeFrancesco sdefrancesco at optonline.net
Tue Jul 20 04:17:18 UTC 2010

Hi Mike, I agree with you. perhaps I did not explain on this list as I have
posted my question to many lists and may not have been clear here. I am
seeking answers to provide to Asia to adopt a child internationally. I am
comfortable and have experience with caring for nieces and nephews. My
challenge is putting into words how as blind parents we will function day to
day because it just comes natural. Unfortunately some Eastern cultures do
not understand anything about our abilities. It's frustrating, really. I
wrote as much as I could explaining in as much detail as possible, but
thought I may have forgotten some things that could help them understand. I
have read and learned so much from many on this list already, but thought
there may be some sort of guide  or a text book for rehab folks to instruct
blind parents on child care published, to draw from or share with adoption
officials.

I am reaching out far and wide to obtain information to provide some
education, and passionate to bring home an orphan child that is blind to be
part of our family.

 Thanks much for your input. sorry for any confusion.

Sherry