[blindkid] Hi All, where you been?

Susan Harper sueharper at firstchurchgriswold.org
Mon Jul 26 21:21:42 UTC 2010

Hi, is everyone on vacation?  No News is Good News as the saying goes.

I gotta share.  I have been working on this so long with Vinnie.  He can
complete sentences when I am reading to him and finish songs, rhymes, etc.
We know it is in there, but boy is he stingy with giving it up.  Keep
plugging away and it pays off.

We are in Wyoming and headed to visit with daughter Gene and family for a
few days, then off to Yellowstone park.

We saw Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse yesterday.  They were awesome.  Mount
Rushmore has auditory helps and Braille maps and brochures.  They gave
Vinnie a Braille Book about Mount Rushmore with raised pictures and maps.
It is so cool and will definitely be added to our library.  Crazy Horse
didn't have anything at all in Braille.  There was much more to see than
Mount Rushmore, but no accommodations for blind.

Stay cool everyone and have a great summer.  Sure is nice to be away from
the pressures of school and learning.

Blessings,
Sue H.