[blindkid] Blind Camps

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jun 5 17:15:15 UTC 2010

Sorry, but I feared that without giving spacifics that it would just sound
like generalized discontent or wining.  I hate it when people, in person or
on lists complane about a product, service, situation, etc without giving
spacific examples or reasons.  If someone tells me not to buy such and such
brand of organic sheets, because they were of low quality, I am not likely
to listen to them, but if they tell me that the colour bled and faded within
two washings, that the elastic in the fitted sheet gave out and that the
company did not stand behind their product I would take heed.  If someone
complanes about a professor, just saying, they are unfair, or they suck, I
am going to wonder if the professor is really that bad, or if the individual
was lazy in their school work or disruptive in class.  If they can say, "the
professor would count being even one minute late as an absence, locking the
door at the start of class, not giving tardies, just absences, would not
accept an assignment I gave them because it was not stapled, and refused to
excuse an absence when I was in the hospital after being involved in a ten
car pile up." then I know why they are saying what they did.  I wish this
was like a Live Journal community, where you can make a cut, where you might
say "Such and such was amazing, I loved it."  or "I hated such and such, it
was terrible." with a link to "If you want more details." or "For my full
review of this product or service."  click here.  Hmmm, I wonder if it would
be helpful to you all if I wrote up detailed descriptions of or explanations
of things in my LJ, and then just wrote short emails, with links to my posts
elsewhere, so that those who want to can go and read on, and those who don't
want to, or don't have the time can just get my most basic opinion and then
move on?  Would that be helpful?  Just a thought.