[blindkid] Suggestions for utensil use and verbal descriptions

Brandy W branlw at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 6 18:55:05 UTC 2010

A good thing to think about is will he understand this if I don't tell him?
Does he already know what is going on? Will me not describing this in the
future effecct him? For example in the carr you may want to tell him that he
hears a fire truck passing, or the trees are very green with large flowers,
but the rest of the time may be spent having normal pre-school conversation.
In the house ask him "What is mommy doing?" If he doesn't know then tell. It
is hard ballence, but you can do it.

I know as a child myself, and the children I take care of they do well with
todlar spoons and forks longer than typical. Or the fun ones that are child
sized but not todlar sized. We have got a lot of them fron disney. Even my 5
year old nice with no disibilities prefers kid sized stuff even if it isn't
her favorite princess.

Hope this helps some.

Bran

"Families that play together learn together!"
Brandy Wojcik
Discovery Toys Educational Leader
Check out our new spring line perfect for spring time learning and Easter
baskets and more...
www.playtoachieve.com
(512) 689-5045

Discovery Toys wants to be a part of your family's learning success and here
are a few ways we can help:
* Join my team and recieve 18 award winning products for $125
* Host a fun get together with friends and earn free Educational products,
* Purchase award winning educational materials on my webpage,
* Purchase or get free gift baskets for children of all ages