[blindkid] Wii Device Teaches Visually Impaired to WalkwithCanes

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Jun 8 05:26:41 UTC 2010

Richard:

I'm going to go out on a limb here: I suspect that your daughter will
*never* travel in as straight a line as you might wish. I know many a
sighted person who has an absolute hizzy-fit if I deviate from what they
perceive to be a straight line by more than a few millimeters! Ignored in
all this is the (to me) relevant question: did I get where I was going
more-or-less intact? The answer is usually yes.

A treadmill is a great device for exercise and a great way to read a talking
book while doing that hateful thing of exercise (I'd much rather read than
exercise). But obviously I would never claim any benefit for mobility other
than building up stamina!

As I say, I think there's no further point in my discussing the issue. I
guess were I a parent, I'd be *very* skeptical of *any* claims. Perhaps
that's my cynical nature. (smile)

Peace!

Mike