[blindkid] braille learning as fun!

Marie empwrn at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 10 21:57:59 UTC 2010

Merry-Noel, your ideas re-sparked a question I meant to ask before. It seems silly now but I'm still gonna ask. :) I was thinking that we just needed Jack to get used to identifying the Braille by touch and not use his sight so I have avoided any "jumbo braille". But I guess the purpose of jumbo braille and the muffin tins type activities is to help the kids learn to "write" Braille just as you would have a child work on jumbo print and letter recognition at the same time. Do I have this right?

Marie (mother of Jack born May 2005)
See glimpses of life with my determined son who is developing in his own way at his own time at http://allaccesspasstojack.blogspot.com