[blindkid] never stands still

Marie empwrn at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 11 00:52:46 UTC 2010

The sensory toy may not be completely meeting her sensory needs. Different people have different needs--some tactile, some vestibular, some fast, some slow. Maybe try a trampoline like Kendra or one of those bouncing balls. Jack loves jumping, swinging, rocking, and bouncing (sitting on my lap) on an exercise ball. And oh our neighbor got us one of those big wheels that you blow up and sit inside and somebody spins or rocks you. He loves that too. These are all categorized a vestibular stimulating activities I think. You can read the Out of Sync child has fun for ideas and of course you could consult an OT (occupational therapist)
Gotta bounce!
Marie