[blindkid] never stands still

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Sat Jun 12 04:22:05 UTC 2010

Does the Reebok happen to have both a handle or net surround and
traditional (metal) springs? There must be more around that are better
built than I have found. Many of the trampolines for kids have some
sort of bungee solution for the springs and those all give up after a
while.

What I really want is basically what I have except with springs that
hook to (or around with some sort of mount) the frame in a non-self-
destructive way. I only went searching hard for a design with real
springs that looked stronger once we broke our fourth unit with
bungees (well, the first was really with elastic straps).

I have seen one unit on-line that is rated for a 300 pound adult and
has a handle to hold as you jump, but none like what we have that is
small with a surround that looks any stronger than ours. The nice
thing with the surround netting is Kendra can be relatively safe
jumping without holding a handle. It gives her more options and I
suspect also helps develop more lateral stability and control than
with having to hold onto a bar to jump (or risk flying off to one side).

Richard