[blindkid] never stands still

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jun 14 15:51:40 UTC 2010

I've seen things like this, and generally there is tape over the last five
feet, or knots in the rope.  What worked best for me in an indoor running
situation was having a piece of material that looped over the rope but
allowed me to grip it as I would a person's hand or a wrist to wrist tether,
rather than trailing along a railing, which is the feeling that a cardboard
tube would have over a rope.  It's not a huge difference, but in terms of
wrist position, there is less chanse of injury because of the wrist being
more normally held in a flexible verticle manner, as opposed to a more
restrictive horizontal manner, and a greater opertunity for speed and the
pumping of the arms is created when using the loop method.  It is also good
when you have one of those stupid raised indoor track thinggies where the
railing slopes outwards and were you not able to have a six to 18 inch long
loop between you and it, your feet would come dangerously close to anckle
twisting and foot slipping on the lip that is at the edge of the track,
before up to a two story drop.  Hope that is helpful.