[blindkid] Letter of the week wall

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 16:29:36 UTC 2010

Love the wall! What a great idea! We made a template with an index card
and a hole punch. We then put one card on top of the other to make the
braille letters. We used glue with sand, glitter.... anything that we could
find that he wanted to touch and would work. He loved making his own
letters. We also used muffin tins and balls and the egg cartons with plastic
eggs that opened up. Sometimes I would put the magnetic letters inside the
eggs so that he would understand that the letter in print was the same
as the Braille letter we were making with the eggs. That really helped bring
the Braille and print together in his mind.

Lenora