[blindkid] Looking forward

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Mar 5 03:14:13 UTC 2010

I agree. And Steve is right; there was far more than a great deal of hidden
marketing in Calvo's diatribe. And this is what bugs me about his doings; he
tends to try to push his products while appearing to be a knight in shining
armor. I'd much rather have a straightforward sales pitch.

Although I applaud Apple's efforts toward accessibility, I think we, the
blind, should think long and hard before we espouse so-called "universal
design" willy-nilly. Why? Because it is almost inevitable that products
designed for a range of disabilities will not serve any one of them
optimally. So we'll end up in a world of accessibility mediocrity.

AS I say, Steve's post has much to recommend it.

Mike