[blindkid] ABCs

Susan Harper sueharper at firstchurchgriswold.org
Tue Mar 9 15:26:38 UTC 2010

Hi All,
      I just have to share one of the joys of home schooling, especially
when working with challenged children (one might say the mother too is
challenged).  Remember the twins are only 3 1/2. Vinnie and I were working
on Braille and print letters and their sounds.  As we finished each letter
we picked out of the bucket, I put it on the table.  Vinnie is doing great,
repeating the letters and sounds that each makes.  Brandon climbs up on the
bench on the other side of me and starts picking up the letters and saying
my B, my A, etc., until he had identified all of the print letters.  Yahoo!
Both guys are doing great and speech improves remarkably as we work on
isolating sounds.  However, this is a benefit of a multi-age classroom,
where I am working on oral reading, phonics, and spelling with Mercy(7).
The boys hear and learn from this as well.  Yes it must be a slow day.
Love Mom and
Blessings,
Sue H.