[blindkid] talking to a child about blindness

DrV icdx at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 12 06:06:42 UTC 2010

Hi Richard,
Another way we have tried to relay the concept of shadows is via sound.
The radio becomes fuzzy in a parking garage or a tunnel; less so, yet still
perceivable as you pass under may bridges.
Petras early on found this very intriguing. We chose to call this a "sound
shadow". Using this reference has made it easier to discuss light shadows.
Eric