[blindkid] Why Do You Want to Make that Child Blind?

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 21 19:36:52 UTC 2010

Good afternoon everyone,

     The impact of What Carol has to say will be more meaningful if you
listen to her presentation given during last year's national convention in
Detroit. To hear this and other highlights from the 2008 and 2009 National
Convention visit:
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/National_Convention_Highlights.asp?SnID=824843697

    Dr. Denise Robinson gives a wonderful presentation on the education of
blind students in her school district. Edward Bell explains the need for
professional educators of the blind with a positive view of blindness and
the programs at Louisiana Tech University. There is also a wonderful
presentation on Braille and its usage given by blind adults taught by Jerry
Whittle, Braille Instructor at the Louisiana Center for the Blind. Topping
them off is a presentation done during the 2008 national convention in
Dallas concerning the history of the National Organization of Parents of
Blind Children, (NOPBC.) Enjoy and learn.

Peter Donahue